Prime Production Ltd – Interpretation Services
Since 2010, Prime Production has been regularly providing simultaneous, consecutive and whispering interpreting, and equipment services.
Most recently, Prime Production provided Simultaneous Interpretation to and from English, French and Portuguese, as well as equipment, to Rollback Malaria Partnership at their Country Regional Support Partner Committee (CRSPC) Eastern and Southern African Sub-Regional Networks (ESASRN) National Malaria Control Program Managers and Partners Meeting held in Ethiopia, from 8 – 12 October.
The meeting was opened by Dr Kesete Admasu, CEO at RBM Partnership, followed by key note speeches from Global Malaria Program, UNICEF Ethiopia and the African Union Commission.
Over the course of the 5-day event, the following sessions were held:
- The Re-vitalised RBM Partnership to End Malaria and its Strategic Directions
- Global Malaria Situation: Current status and the “10+1” Approach – 10+1 Approach: From
- High Burden to High Impact: Getting Back on Track to End Malaria
- Country Resource Mobilisation and the Technical Supports
- Implementation Support
- Updates on the Supports provided in Development and Revision of National Strategic Plans and Malaria Programs
- Updates of Technical Policies and Status of Implementation (Surveillance and Stratification, Case Management, Malaria Chemoprevention, Malaria Vector Control Guidelines, Malaria Elimination)
- The Role of Partners Engagement in Malaria Control
- Updates from Malaria Medicine Venture, Integrated Vector Control Consortium, UNITAID, GFATM and UNICEF.
- Updates from RBM working groups (Case Management, Malaria in Pregnancy, Social and Behaviour, Change Communication, Monitoring and Evaluation Reference, Vector Control, Multisectoral)
- Malaria Program Implementation Bottlenecks for Technical Support
- Guidance on Country Level Group Works and Expectations
The final day began with members of the National Malaria Control Program from Zambia, Zimbabwe, Uganda, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mozambique sharing their experiences.
They notably highlighted the implementation of the End Malaria Council, Stratification of Malaria Transmission, Engagement of the Parliamentarians in Malaria, ICCM Implementation, Malaria Vaccine and the innovative way of engaging the private sector in malaria prevention and control.
The day poignantly closed with the launch of ‘Zero Malaria Starts with Me!’ Campaign.
What is ‘Zero Malaria Starts with Me’ campaign?
Launched in Senegal in 2014, this initiative is a worldwide campaign with an aim to:
Create a community-based movement to raise awareness and inspire ownership of anti-malaria interventions
Engage political actors and ensure malaria elimination remains a priority for Senegalese leadership
Diversify sources of funding to increase financial resources for malaria elimination interventions, and to establish innovative public-private partnerships
To learn more, head to their website where you can access a range of informative modules, designed to teach individuals why community support is essential for success against malaria and how you can plan a suitable community engagement project.
Prime Production Ltd is proud to support ‘Zero Malaria Stars With Me’ campaign and Rollback Malaria Partnership in their fight to end Malaria.